Auth server down

SERVER IS BACK UP AS OF 10 MINS AGO

Hey,
Please do not make threads about getting auth failed. The auth server is currently down.

Not sure why, awaiting response from the server company. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This will be updated when I know more.

Edit: just heard back from the hosting company. Its a DC outage which should be solved shortly.

Last edited:
if you look at downdetector.com today was rough for alot of providers

Hmm, they're have been alot of outages this month. Timewarner and Comcast are merging and so are their brother companies, ATT and Dish Network are in the mix of merging along with Verizon and DirectTV.

I work for verizon we are not merging with DirectTV infact less then 8 months ago ATT Purchased DIRECT TV

Unfortunately they just replied and said "We are monitoring the servers, please check your server in a few hours".

This is just stupid, its already been almost 6 hours now...

Currently in game and cheat works, didnt get any auth error. Is it safe to play due to the CS:GO update recently or do we wait?

Should be fine. Looks like the server is up now.

I work for verizon we are not merging with DirectTV infact less then 8 months ago ATT Purchased DIRECT TV

Yea i couldn't remember if it was dish or direct TV they're merging with, but i believe they're trying to merge again with ATT to reunite the whole pac bell conglomerate

I'm still getting the auth error is it my account or is the server having problems?
Everything is working ok with me, so it could be just you, PM jimster to make sure everything is ok with you (at least reading from what he wrote above)

Is the server down again? Just started getting the auth failed error again this morning.