Programming Languages

SunnyGuy

Silver I
Reaction score
Swag Level :
For about 2 years or so I have been looking for a good path to follow to get into programming; however,I can't really find a good path, program, or tutorial to fit my needs. People have told me that having a good understanding of languages like C,C#, or C++ would really benefit me. Currently I am watching this tutorial, but I feel like there has to be a better path, so I wanted to ask Jim and any other programmer here if they had any suggestions :D

Admin

Better than Jimster
Administrator
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Website
leaguecheats.com
Depends what you want to program for (web, desktop, etc...), tell us that and we'll give you a better answer.

SunnyGuy

Silver I
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Depends what you want to program for (web, desktop, etc...), tell us that and we'll give you a better answer.
I would think desktop applications would relate more towards my goals. Professionally, having an understanding of how programming looks like and works would help me work, but personally making a cheat or something like that would help me spend my time doing something useful.

albert

L33T H4KR
Reaction score
Swag Level :
C++. I started with VB.NET but it sucks for anything else than simple gui programs.

HyperAim

LEM
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Starting with anything other than C++ will just make you lazy and you will likely pick up bad habits (I started with C#, which has spoiled me far too much)

albert

L33T H4KR
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Starting with anything other than C++ will just make you lazy and you will likely pick up bad habits (I started with C#, which has spoiled me far too much)
At least you can see sharp wixSanic

SunnyGuy

Silver I
Reaction score
Swag Level :
People generally tell me the same thing, but no one has a good resource for me to start with. I need a book or some kind of free course because I just don't know what I should do to learn C++. Any good books, video series, or other resources are what I am really interested in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

albert

L33T H4KR
Reaction score
Swag Level :
People generally tell me the same thing, but no one has a good resource for me to start with. I need a book or some kind of free course because I just don't know what I should do to learn C++. Any good books, video series, or other resources are what I am really interested in.

I just started copy+pasting and then actually figuring out step by step what things does, that's how i got started and i learn every day.
The most important part is actually having motivation for learning, and that's what gives me the motivation.

owardag

Elite 1337
Reaction score
Swag Level :

That isn't true man, "People generally tell me the same thing, but no one has a good resource for me to start with. I need a book or some kind of free course because I just don't know what I should do to learn C++. Any good books, video series, or other resources are what I am really interested in." If you put your mind to it you can do it, you don't need expensive books or school just stick to the basics then advance on slowly. Look at Steve Jobs, although he was a dropout he followed his passion and made Apple <3. Steve Jobs was living that welfare life too XD.

albert

L33T H4KR
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Don't read stupid books or videos and get started copy+pasting.

SunnyGuy

Silver I
Reaction score
Swag Level :
I wasn't talking about the types of books in college that go into huge detail, but for me I need some kind of start to get me going. I usually prefer guides made informally because they usually get to the point.

owardag

Elite 1337
Reaction score
Swag Level :
XD I bet Invoke did that, I bet he also read "How To Scam For Dummies" and "Java Advanced Coding l33t"