Demo Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogdunderzubbi

Silver Elite Master
Eligible for Pro League Beta
Reaction score
Swag Level :
How do you guys review your demos inorder to improve at the game? What kind of mindset do you use?
This guy suggests to put 6 different "skill sets" and give yourself points whenever you do mistakes and that's how you find out what and how to improve.
So how do you do it?

n0body

Gold Nova II
VIP
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Well, your mindset to analyse demos must be "harder" than legit players cause while legit players are usually trying to find out what's wrong in his gaming strategy, wrong peeks, wrong crosshair placements, forgeting to check spots etc, your must also aways pay attention to your frags and see if they actually look legit, i usually start by checking highlights, taking notes of the more "fishy" kills and getting back to some frames before and reducing the speed of the demo, after i do that i check for all the other stuff like positional play and strategy like a normal player do, but i think everyone have its own way to analyze demos and you just need to find a workflow that works for you.

FD^GoD

Ex Helper
Reaction score
Swag Level :
How do you guys review your demos inorder to improve at the game? What kind of mindset do you use?
This guy suggests to put 6 different "skill sets" and give yourself points whenever you do mistakes and that's how you find out what and how to improve.
So how do you do it?
First you need experience and game feeling to review demos correctly.

Aaron

Also better than Jimster
Administrator
Reaction score
Swag Level :
I don't analyse my demos, I just play KZ and other movement based sides then looked at what my ab was doing in game, then just started trying to break the habit of looking at the floor and instead aiming near or at head level. Also never went full mong with ESP.

ogdunderzubbi

Silver Elite Master
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Have a decent amount of hours put into the game. Both watching and playing (2.5k hours). I've analyzed friends demos but it's much easier to critique them :challenge_accepted: They don't take the game as serious as I do so they don't want to spend time analyzing my demos.

Also for a note I'm not cheating at the moment. Got bored of MM and playing on shady sites against rage hackers. I found out that Im almost just as good without cheats as with.
--- Double-post Merged (Please used the edit button) ---
Have a decent amount of hours put into the game. Both watching and playing (2.5k hours). I've analyzed friends demos but it's much easier to critique them :challenge_accepted: They don't take the game as serious as I do so they don't want to spend time analyzing my demos.

Also for a note I'm not cheating at the moment. Got bored of MM and playing on shady sites against rage hackers. I found out that Im almost just as good without cheats as with.

FD^GoD

Ex Helper
Reaction score
Swag Level :

--- Double-post Merged (Please used the edit button) ---

I can send you few links with tools which should help you with all demos review.
https://csgo-demos-manager.com/
https://csgostats.gg/ (for find info about player, score etc.)
https://steamcommunity/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=969450728
https://gist.github.com/maschill92/ab376efa3acc4c3c41ff (cfg for demo review)

ogdunderzubbi

Silver Elite Master
Reaction score
Swag Level :

FD^GoD

Ex Helper
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Oh this is awesome ^^ Might I ask what’s special about this cfg?
You dont need click on demo menu, because you have binded all on your keyboard so its much more faster and comfortable in use.

fmr

Support
Reaction score
Swag Level :
I have a weird way of reviewing demos. I would fastforward it to the fastest, and I will review from there. It’s weird, but it always works for me and saves time reviewing OW. It’s only 64 tick, so it will always be hardly noticeable. What I can get from fastforward demos are weird picks, wallers, I don’t know. I like it fast haha.

leonard9712

Silver Elite Master
DiveDeep
Reaction score
Swag Level :
My opinion of it is that there is simply no easy way. Just like there is no shortcut for anything in life. Pretty much you have to find out yourself imo how to get better through demos, some people probably don't even have to watch demos even though I think an majority should since they don't instantly learn from mistakes. In short try to find out yourself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.