Asus ROG claymore keyboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogdunderzubbi

Silver Elite Master
Eligible for Pro League Beta
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Had this keyboard for about 3 months now. No issues what so ever. Then all of a sudden I hear the usb-disconnect sound and it stops working! NotLikeThis
Rebooted the pc several times, tried different usb ports. Heard the usb-connected sound but still no response in Asus armoury.

Anyone had these issues with a different keyboard and fixed it? Maybe with this model?

The warranty is life time, just really sad to let it for like a full month. Best keyboard i've ever touched.

Thanks in advance boizBibleThump

Nsix

Silver II
Reaction score
Swag Level :
You tried it on another computer? It's the easiest way to test it, cause the issues could be many. That keyboard has integrated flash memory for the profiles, so it shouldn't give any problem. But since we are searching for an issue I would reset all the profiles and uninstall the asus software to be sure, clean the folders the program created (to remove eventual leftovers of settings in case you reinstall in future) and try without it. After that you can also try to uninstall the keyboard/usb drivers from device manager, and unplug/plug again and see. If this wouldn't work, I would try the keyboard on another pc before going ahead. If it works on another pc then probably it's some driver related issue with your computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ToX

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Swag Level :
For me it sounds like there is a problem with your USB cable.
Re-install drivers please.

Nsix

Silver II
Reaction score
Swag Level :
For me it sounds like there is a problem with your USB cable.
Re-install drivers please.
Windows update actually installs some weird additional drivers sometimes, especially for newer devices. Like it happened to me with my mouse. So yeah I would add to always check if you got something new installed from it recently, and in case uninstall it and disable windows update. You can still install everything you need manually.

ogdunderzubbi

Silver Elite Master
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Lmao.
Turns out I was panicing wayyy to hard over this. Didn't think straight. This keyboard is my holy grail, got it from fiance which is the most expensive gift ever recived.
Yes as ToX said the USB cable was done with. I totally forgot the fact that it had a modular cable in my panicmode FailFish
Big shame though, top of the line keyboard costing 200 eu and connection cable breaks after 3 months, it's a joke!

Issue solved, thanks for help. Can lock the thread. :doge:

Reactions: 1 user

FD^GoD

Ex Helper
Reaction score
Swag Level :
Maybe you got damaged version.

Status
Not open for further replies.